For individuals and households

Early release of superannuation

Eligible individuals can apply online through myGov to access up to $10,000 of their superannuation before 31 December 2020.

Accessing your super early will affect your super balance and may affect your future retirement income. Consider seeking financial advice before applying for early release of super.

Find out more about early release of super at, or to speak with the ATO in your language, call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 13 14 50.

No evictions

Evictions will be put on hold for six months by state and territory governments. Landlords and renters are encouraged to talk about short term agreements. Check with your respective state or territory government for more details.

Minimum drawdown rate options for retirees

The minimum drawdown requirement for account based pensions and similar products have been reduced by 50% for 2019-20 and 2020-21 income years to help mitigate the significant losses in financial markets as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

For more information, visit

JobKeeper Payment

The JobKeeper payment supports businesses significantly affected by COVID-19 by helping with the costs of their employees’ wages, so more Australians can retain their jobs and continue to earn an income.

Your employer will notify you if they intend to claim the JobKeeper fortnightly payment on your behalf.

For information visit

Keeping the system safe and fair

There has been a significant increase in COVID-19 scams and other scams targeting Australians. If you think you’ve been contacted by a scammer or are suspicious about an email, SMS or phone call, check with us first.

If you are ever unsure whether an ATO interaction is genuine, don’t reply. Call the ATO Scam Hotline on 1800 008 540 or visit

If you think someone has stolen or misused your identity, we can help. We provide information, advice and assistance to help taxpayers re-establish their tax identities.

You can also let us know if you feel and individual or business is not doing the right thing at

Government payments and services

Services Australia may be able to help you financially even if you don’t already get a Centrelink payment. You don’t need to go to a service centre. You can use our self-service options. You can also access a social worker. If you’re already a customer, there are changes to our payments and services due to coronavirus (COVID-19). For more information in a number of languages go to